If you are interested in technical diving, but you still can’t meet the prerequisites for PADI TEC 45 or PADI TEC 50, you should considerate taking this course. The PADI TEC 40 course is the first step on the TEC REC course sequence, and it consists of performing your first technical dives.
(Applied only if you don’t have the manual)
• Decompresion dives
• Gas switching underwater
• Emergency procedures
• Buoyancy control
• Long hose gas sharing
• Extended No Decompresion dives
• Decompresion planning
• Calculate your gas consumption rate
• Gas shutdown drill
• Descent drill
• S drill
• New hand signals
• Use a multigas dive computer
• Use software to plan decompression dives, with a maximum deco time of 10 minutes and a maximum depth of 40 m.
• Use a deco bottle (Stage cylinder) with a maximum of 50% oxygen (EANx50).
• Have a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or have an equivalent certification from another organization).
• Have a PADI Enriched Air (Nitrox) certification or an equivalent certification from another organization.
• Have a Deep Diver specialty certification or an equivalent certification from another organization.
• Be at least 18 years old.
• Possess a valid medical certificate.
• Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, from which at least:
• 10 dives were with Nitrox
• 12 dives were over 18mt (60 ft)
• 6 dives over 30mt (100 ft)
(b) PADI Materials - US$ 150 (if don`t have the Manual)
For this Tec course we will prepare a detailed schedule that will allow you to learn on very small groups (max 3 divers) and with direct interaction with our Course Director. Please let us know the time you have available and we`ll work a plan for you.
Available bundles with this course:
At Roatan Dive Academy we know one course is not enough, that’s why we have created a serie of bundle package that will give a better price if you decide to take more than one course with us.