Discover the benefits of Sidemount Diving with Scuba Courses. Perfect trim and buoyancy make it ideal for both Technical & Recreational Divers. Learn about equipment configuration, gas management, streamlining, finning techniques and much more. Experience sidemount and you’ll never go backmount again.
With so many benefits to sidemount diving it’s hard to understand why you’re not diving on it already.
Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go.
(Applied only if you don’t have the manual)
• Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver.
• Be 15 years of age or older.
• You'll explore and experience the benefits of sidemount diving
• Get hands on the with sidemount equipment set-up, adjustments and fine tuning the configuration for you.
• Understand planning considerations and safety concerns for sidemount diving
• Get plenty of in-water time to enjoy sidemount and work on trim, finning, buoyancy & skills
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
• Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
• Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
• Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
• Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
• The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
You can read chapter one before meeting with your instructor to review key points. By studying ahead, you’ll be better prepared to start using your sidemount gear.
• PADI Sidemount Diver Instruction
• PADI Certification Fee
• Theory Review Session
• 1 Confined Pool Session
• 3 Open Water Dives
• Equipment rent & air fills
If you’ve looked into technical diving, you realize that tec divers always wear more than one tank. Sidemount is an increasingly popular way to configure multiple cylinders for technical diving. You can enter the world of tec diving with the Tec Sidemount Diver course and apply what you learn to other TecRec courses. Your instructor may offer to integrate this course with the Tec 40, Tec 45 or Tec 50 courses.
Get the PADI Sidemount Diver and Tec Sidemount Diver Manual here at Roatan Dive Academy and start studying immediately. If you have a recreational sidemount diver certification, you’ll focus on Chapters Two and Three, if not, you'll read the entire manual.
Available bundles with this course:
At Roatan Dive Academy we know one course is not enough, that’s why we have created a serie of bundle package that will give a better price if you decide to take more than one course with us.