At Roatan Dive Academy our goal is to fully prepare you for work in a busy dive operation. To that end, our Shop Management program provides you with thorough training and a solid understanding of how a busy dive center successfully operates.
Through hands on training and experience at both of our dive centers, you will learn how to properly manage staff, schedule divers, maintain and inventory all types of equipment, maintain and properly care for different kinds of compressors, work through logistcs and planning, and, most importantly, how to offer top quality and invidiual service to a varied clientele.
• 18 years old; and,
• Divemasaster in Training, or higher.
• Dive Shop Administration:
• Gain a general understanding of day-to-day dive center operations, including sales and marketing techniques, customer service, and record keeping. You will work closely with highly experienced administrators in the organization of the day-to-day operations at two of the busiest dive shops on the island. The dive center work environment is very demanding and requires you to constantly adapt and ajust your roles and duties to meet the challenges you will face. We teach you how to plan and organize not only yourself, but an entire team of dedicated staff to ensure the best quality service for each and every customer.
2. Compressors and Equipment:
• Learn how to handle both O2 & NITROX compressors. We will not only ensure you know the basics of servicing and maintainging different compressors, but also walk you through the inital set up, troubleshooting and what to do in the event of any emergency situations. You will also learn about the importance of regulalar equipment maintenance, basic repairs and adjustments, routine procedures and the inner workings of some of the most used dive gear. Not only this, but you can also gain experience in parts identification, ordering, and manufacture selection.
3. Dive/Snorkel Operation:
• Organizing, scheduling and planning dive and scuba day trips and other excursions. You will plan all aspects of the various day trips we offer to our guests, including rosters, meal planning, dive planning, briefings, pick-ups and drop-offs, etc.
4. Dive School:
• Organizing scuba diving courses and internship dive training schedules. You will learn and be in charge of arranging and organizing all dive courses for resort guests, vacation rental guests, interns, and walk-in guests. This will include organizing Instructor schedules, paperwork, PADI materials, slates, equipment requirements and fitting, swimming pool scheduling and logistics, etc. This module will also teach you how to get the most out of being a PAID dive center, as well as gains from various other training agencies such as Divers Alert Network, which you will deal with frequently as the owner/operator of any dive business.
Other Costs (estimate) - US$ 100