SELF RELIANT DIVER
With proper training, equipment and the right attitude to accept the risks involved in independent diving, an experience diver can responsibly engage in dives without a buddy. Self-reliant diving is an adventure activity that is not for everyone, but does have its place. If you have the mental discipline and commitment to learn and follow self-reliant diving techniques, you’ll bolster your skills and confidence when diving alone, in a dive pair or as part of a team.
(Applied only if you don’t have the manual)
• Performing an air consumption rate swim to gather information for later calculation.
• Switching to a redundant air supply system during simulated emergency situations.
• Swimming without a mask.
• Navigating to various points, including your exit.
• Using a DSMB.
(b) PADI Materials – US$ 45
• PADI Self Reliant Diver Instruction
• PADI Certification Fee
• Theory Review Session
• 4 Open Water Dives
• Equipment use & air fills