IDC STAFF Instructor
Just as scuba divers look up to divemasters, instructor candidates really respect IDC Staff Instructors. As the name implies, IDC Staff Instructors assist with instructor training and share their wisdom and experience with new PADI leaders. Taking the IDC Staff Instructor course provides you with in-depth knowledge of the instructor development process and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI Professionals. It’s also a great career move!
The training furthers teaching abilities and develops candidate’s evaluation and counseling skills through independent study, classroom sessions, guided evaluation training and an internship.
At Roatan Dive Academy you will have the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals who have conducted several IDCs and other professional training courses in different countries around the world. These will help you integrate a wide and holistic approach in your teaching capabilities, and will definitely make you a more well-rounded, succesfull IDC Staff Instructor.
• Be an MSDT in teaching status;
• Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI Course Director Manual;
• Agree to use the PADI System and its components.
• Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum;
• How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course;
• The psychology of evaluation and counseling;
• Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations.
In addition, you’ll get to audit an entire IDC and even practice teaching some or many of the curriculum components.
• Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors at dive centers or resorts that are at a minimum PADI Five-Star Dive Center or Resort status;
• Conduct IDC training segments while a PADI Course Director is available on the premises for consultation;
• Evaluate and critique instructor candidate knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations;
• Provide counseling and remedial training for instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates;
• Assist with instructor-level continuing education programs, such as PADI Speciality Instructor Training courses; and,
• Observe the orientation and closing sessions of PADI Instructor Examinations.
(b) PADI Materials – US$ 440
(c) PADI Fees (estimate) - US$ 150
(a) IDC STAFF Investment Includes:
• Pick up from the airport or ferry port when you arrive;
• 12 days accommodation in RDA´s intern house;
• All breakfasts and lunches at the resort buffet during the entire course;
• One-on-one mentorship on your teaching and evaluation skills directly with our Course Director;
• Plenty of evaluation practice (theorical, confined and open presentations);
• Instructor candidates exam scoring practice;
• Conduct workshops with instructor candidates (theory and skills);
• Access to didactic videos produced by RDA;
• Transportation to and from the dive resort on training days; and,
• Rental dive equipment needed for training.
(b) PADI Materials Include: (pre-order 4 weeks in advance if preferred language is not English)
• IDC Staff Crew Pack – US$ 450 (each speciality)
(c) PADI Fees Include:
• IDC Staff Application Fee – US$ 150
IDC Staff Course Investment Value DOES NOT Include:
• Visa’s (where applicable)
Available bundles with this course:
At Roatan Dive Academy we know one course is not enough, that’s why we have created a serie of bundle package that will give a better price if you decide to take more than one course with us.