The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is the most popular diver specialty course and the number of technical divers is on the rise, which means that lots of scuba divers want enriched air and gas blends. The Tec Gas Blender course teaches you to blend enriched air nitrox and helium-blend gases using one or more blending methods. Being the blender is a key job at a busy PADI Dive Center or Resort and your work allows other divers to do what they love to do – scuba dive.
(Applied only if you don’t have the manual)
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Gas Blender Instructor.
• About the advantages and disadvantages of different blending methodologies.
• To blend enriched air and trimix blends to within one percent of the target mix.
• About the potential hazards related to handling oxygen, and how to manage those risks.
• To demonstrate the steps for oxygen cleaning equipment, along with the requirements for oxygen service.
(b) PADI Materials – US$ 50
• PADI Gas Blender Instruction
• PADI Certification Fee
• Theory Review Session
• Three practical blending sessions
• Equipment use & air fills (air and O2 only)